FSREG provides investigation services to determine whether a proposed investment, or an investment already made, is fraudulent.
As part of our investigation, we discreetly:
- carry out background checks on the individual or firm proposing the investment.
- check the registers held by Companies House, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other public registers to verify the details of the firm proposing the investment and whether they hold any necessary licences.
- review the investment documentation to determine whether it is appropriately drafted.
- advise on the legal remedies available to recover any investment already made.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising a private individual who had invested Euro 350,000 in an online boiler room fraud.
- advising a consortium of investors who had invested more than Euro 400,000 in a cryptocurrency scam.
- preventing a company from falling victim of a “prime bank guarantee” fraud.
- preventing a private individual from falling victim of a mortgage advance fee fraud.
- advising a private individual on the recovery of capital invested in a US venture capital fund.
- advising a private individual who had been missold shares in a technology start-up.
Our fee for this service starts from £499 (plus VAT if applicable).